Please Note: The dance options below are suggestions on where to dance. TLH cannot guarantee that there will be swing dancers at events posted unless we post differently beside the event below or on our Social Media (FB, Twitter).
MONDAY: Balboa Social: DJ Herbzapoppin’ (Dancers Guaranteed)
Location: Dovercourt House-1st Floor (805 Dovercourt Rd)
Cost: $2 admission and a $2 minimum tip to the DJ
TUESDAY: Stompin’ at the Steady: Bees Knees Social Dance (Dancers Guaranteed)
Location: The Steady Cafe & Bar
Time: DJ’d Social Dancing at 9:30pm-11pm
Cost: Pay-What-You-Can to the jug (suggested: $5)
Vintage Films & Swing-This weeks Movie: With Love and Kisses (1936). Come for a movie stay for some dancing!
Movie:Released in 1936: starring singer / big band leader, Pinky Tomlin — who plays Homer ‘Spec’ Higgins… a singing farmer that wants to try for success in New York
Location: Palmerston Public Library Theatre (560 Palmerston Ave)
Time: 6pm for the movie, DJ’d Swing dancing after (7pm-8:30pm)
‘Tyler Yarema’ is at the Reservoir Lounge
Location: Reservoir Lounge (52 Wellington Street East)
WEDNESDAY: UT-Swing Weekly Swing Dance (Dancers Guaranteed)
Location: St. Hilda’s (44 Devonshire Blvd)
Time: 7pm Beginner lesson, Social dancing 8-10pm
Cost: Drop-in fees: 4$ for students, 5$ for non-students.
FRIDAY: 3rd Friday Blues-January “Junior Wells” Edition (Dancers Guaranteed)
Location: 805 Studio (805 Dovercourt Rd)
Time: 9pm Blues Lesson, DJ’d Blues dancing 10pm-2am
Cost: $10 includes lesson
SATURDAY: Saturday Night Swing at Dovercourt House with ‘Up Jumped Swing’ (Regular Saturday Night Dance. Dancers Guaranteed)
Location: Dovercourt House (805 Dovercourt Rd).
Time: Beginner dance classes 7pm to 9pm before the Dance Party. Charleston 7pm, Lindy Hop 8pm. Swing Dance Party 9:10pm to 1am.
Cost: Dance Party $13, $15 with one class, $18 with both. $3 off for full-time students.
SUNDAY: TLH OPEN HOUSE-Come and find out more about TLH and how you can join the team!
Love dancing in Toronto? Love Lindy Hop? Want to start getting involved more with the Toronto Lindy Hop Scene? Then join us this Sunday at the Victory Cafe in a super laid back setting and learn more about what TLH (a Not-For-Profit Organization) does in the community and how you can join our fun team.
Here are some positions we are currently looking for help in (Note: We will go into further details at the meeting about these and other positions avail or how you can help with something not listed or discussed):
- Marketing. Looking for help with (but not limited to):
- YouTube (creation of videos, content ideas etc)
- Graphic Design (Creation of Flyers/Posters for Dances. Working closely with Social Media Position on web content)
- PR-How can we reach out to the Media to spread the work about Lindy Hop in Toronto (Ex:News story in the paper, dancing on a morning show etc)?
- Promotional material ideas (buttons, t-shirts etc.), creation and completion
- Website Help
- TLH Theme Night Organizer (and helpers). Come up with decor ideas, activities (where applicable),finding DJ’s and teachers for beginner lessons, for our once of month of dances. Will also include on site putting up of decorations and removal.
- Education Committee. Love Lindy Hop Workshops? Want to be part of the team that puts on Lindyworks and Homegrown? Then join the meeting to find out how you can get involved!
Location: Victory Cafe (581 Markham St)
Time: 4:00-5:00pm. Grab a drink, some food and lets hangout and talk about how to get involved.
‘New Orleans Connection Allstars’ at Grossmans Tavern
Location: Grossmans tavern (379 Spadina Ave)
Cost: Free (tip the band)
Upcoming TLH Events:
Winterstock Registration Open! Some spots left, register early to not miss out!
Feb 17th-20th, 2017. Winterstock is Lindystock’s chillier, whisky-loving sister-event. Each winter, dancers head north to the borders of historic Algonquin Park near Huntsville, Ontario for dancing, outdoor activities, a variety show and so much more.
PRICING: $165 cdn Includes Lodging and all meals (price goes up beginning of Feb)