Transportation & What To Bring
There are several options for transportation to Winterstock each year and weâ€™ve included a â€œwhat to bringâ€ section below to help you with your packing lists!
Stay up to date on the event on our FB Event Page
Directions to Wolf Den Hostel
IMPORTANT! If you plan to drive to Wolf Den and use a GPS do not use the address (4568 Highway 60, Oxtongue Lake, Ontario), it will take you to the wrong location. You must use use â€œWolf Den Hostel and Nature Retreatâ€ to find it on a GPS or Google maps. You could also use the GPS coordinates at +45Â° 22â€² 59.44â€³, -78Â° 54â€² 39.47. Just to be safe be sure to write down the directions provided below.
Take Hwy. 400 North to Barrie. Exit to Hwy. 11 North to Huntsville. Exit Hwy 60 East. Drive 35 km east on Hwy 60 and the Wolf Den will be on the south side of Hwy. 60 (approximately 1.2 km east of Oxtonge Lake Road). If you pass Ragged Falls you have gone too far.
Take Hwy. 17 West to Hwy. 60 West. The Wolf Den is approximately 8 km west of the West Gate of Algonquin Park. It is on the south side of Hwy. 60 approximately 1 km west of Ragged Falls. If you pass Oxtongue Lake Rd. you have gone too far.
DRIVING?: Do you have space in your car for a Winterstocker? Then please signup on our carpool page. NEED A RIDE?: Please signup on the same page to be paired up with a driver.
What To Bring
Here a list of things to bring to Winterstock. Itâ€™s not a complete list but will hopefully remind you of some things you might forget to pack.
- Warm winter outdoor clothing – including winter jacket, snow boots, tuques, scarves and mittens
- Lunch pack if you plan to head offsite
- Earplugs & sleeping mask
- Alcoholic beverages if you so choose
- Drinking cup (non-breakable please!)
- Thermos/water bottle
- Musical Instruments
- Hand sanitizer
- First Aid Kit (thereâ€™s a first aid kit on-site but itâ€™s always good to have extras around just in case)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Phone and iPod chargers
- iPod or laptop if you plan to DJ!
- Any medication you require (e.g. After-Bite, Epi Pens, pain killers, anti-histamine, etc.)
- Snack food
- Cooler (if you bring food/beverages that need to be refrigerated)
All beds at the Wolf Den have a pillow, sheets and blankets provided. Bring extra if you think you will need it.
Toronto Lindy Hop is stationed in Canada so it only seems fitting that we would hold a Dance Event in the Middle of Winter in the scenic and snowy historic Algonquin Park near Huntsville, Ontario (Feb 16th-Feb 19th). BUT before you get a big old shiver and run off in...